For some unknown reason, some anti-virus programs will cause the malfunction of firmware file. You can try disabling your anti-virus software for a while, and run iTunes to update or restore your iPhone again. When restoring or updating iPhone/iPad with iTunes, you may get the error of “the firmware file is not compatible”. Follow this guide, it will explain what does it mean and give 4 solutions to fix this problem. The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt. To restore, DFU mode is a comparatively complex method.
- If you are not a big fan of installing updates regularly, you may be facing issues due to an outdated software or a driver.
- Restoring your iPhone can help restore to its original settings and fix a few software issues simultaneously.
- Release the two buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- In some cases, upgrading iTunes can’t solve the problem of firmware file is not compatible.
The connected product does not match the specified model in the file. Could not start updating, firmware is not for this product. Try again and check the product settings once updated. Many users may face firmware file corrupt iPhone when trying to update their iPhone to iOS 16 recently.
- Besides the above possible ways, there is another simplest and most efficient method.
- With iMazing, you can reinstall iOS on an iPhone or iPad that’s not working while trying to preserve its data.
- You can easily use the Disk utility to repair the startup disk.
- When you are making a backup of your iDevice with iTunes, it may happen firmware download site a couple of errors but didn’t show you any messages.
Upgrade to newest version firmware on you device, iphone cannot be restored firmware file corrupt update you current version firmware to latest version, download newest firmware. Sometimes the error message also pops up on the screen when people try to restore their iPhones. You are in the right place if you are experiencing a firmware file corrupt iPhone issue.
A failure of any component can result in a catastrophic hard disk crash and data corruption. Some types of hard disk crashes can render the hard disk inoperable through mechanical damage. The recovery of files from a damaged Mac hard disk is often possible only with the help of a specialized hard disk repair shop and its professional tools. Released by the MiniTool Team, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS is professional but free iPhone data recovery software.